June 9, 2016

Results of 2015 Third Official LEGO Ideas Review

The results of the LEGO Ideas Official Review Process for the third qualification period of 2015 were posted today, and they are quite interesting. You can read the official announcement here or in the video below.
 
This time, there were two projects approved to be made into official LEGO sets, and they are Beatles Yellow Submarine by Kevin Szets and Apollo 11 Saturn-V by saabfan and whatsuptoday. Personally, I am not overly thrilled with the results of this review. Don't get me wrong, both projects are very well designed and build and worthy of becoming sets, but I did not support either, and more than likely will not be purchasing either when the official sets are released (Beatles Yellow Submarine because I do not have an interest, and Apollo 11 Saturn-V because it will likely be more than I would want to shell out for that type of set).
Of the two projects, Apollo 11 Saturn-V has the most appeal to me, largely due to the aesthetics of the build, the history associated with this model, and the potential pieces that will be included. It really is a beautiful build with lots of great details and lots of good pieces, but I will have to wait and see what the official set looks like before I say I will purchase it.
I am really disappointed that the National Park Service Centennial Vintages did not pass. Even though it would have been too late for the U.S. National Park Centennial Celebration (the sets will be released end of 2016, beginning of 2017), I still would loved to have whatever vintages they chose to produce and would likely have purchased several of them. Full results of the third 2015 Official LEGO Ideas Review can be seen below.
 
 
Images courtesy of LEGO Ideas.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please remember to be respectful of others in the comments that are posted. http://alldaybricks.blogspot.com/p/guidelines.html

      Delete

Please keep your comments in line with the comment guidelines under the "Guidelines & FAQs" section or this site.