October 6, 2016

Results of the 2016 First Official LEGO Ideas Review

The results of the LEGO Ideas Official Review Process for the first qualification period of 2016 are finally here! You can read the official announcement here or watch the reveal in the video below.

Let me start by saying, I personally was not overly excited with any of the projects that were in this review, but I am glad to see the Old Fishing Store by RobenAnne pass the review process. The Old Fishing Store is a very detailed model, with a great deal of character because of the many details. As a collector's item, this will be a great set to display, and I am sure there are many AFOLs who are looking at the numerous useful pieces that would come in this set (assuming the LEGO set designers do not change too much). Though I did not support this project, I do really like it because of the high level of detail included. Whether or not I will purchase this LEGO Ideas set will depend on how much it changes from the fan model to the final set design, and what the MSRP is listed as.

There are a couple of projects that I wish would have been approved, and they are the Modular Train Station and the Gingerbread House. Again, both projects tend to be more along the lines of collector type builds, and I can understand not wanting to produce too many collector type LEGO Ideas sets all at once.
 
What are your thoughts? Will you be purchasing an Old Fishing Store set? Leave a comment below!


Images courtesy of LEGO Ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments in line with the comment guidelines under the "Guidelines & FAQs" section or this site.